Driving an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is an adventurous activity, so it’s no surprise that it comes with risk. On rocky terrain, the chances of colliding with objects are high. You could also get injured or injure somebody else in a crash.
A collision on your ATV could cause a financial burden if you don’t have the right insurance. Contact KSA Insurance Agency in Chicago, Illinois, to learn more about our ATV insurance coverage.
Is ATV Insurance Required?
State regulations vary when it comes to ATV insurance. In Illinois, ATV insurance is necessary if you plan to take your vehicle on roads. Some state-owned lands and parks may also require you carry ATV insurance to allow you on their land.
Generally, ATV insurance will not be required to ride on private land with permission. But even when ATV insurance is not required, it may be beneficial to help pay for costly medical bills or property damage if you’re in an accident.
What Does ATV Insurance Cover?
Your insurance needs may vary depending on the type of ATV you have and how it’s used. For example, ATVs used for agricultural purposes generally have different coverage needs than ATVs used purely for recreation.
The following are common ATV insurance coverages for you to consider:
- Liability coverage can help pay for bodily injuries or property damage that you cause to third parties while driving your ATV.
- Collision coverage can help cover damage to your ATV if you’re in an accident with another ATV, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage can help pay for damages to your ATV that aren’t caused by a collision with another vehicle (e.g., theft, falling objects, fire).
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay) can help cover medical bills for anybody injured while riding your ATV, including yourself.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help cover medical expenses or property damage if you’re in an accident with a driver who lacks sufficient coverage.
Additional coverages may be available to help pay for damage to upgraded aspects of your ATV and lost or damaged personal property you carry on your ATV. Contact KSA Insurance Agency for more information.
How Can I Save on ATV Insurance?
There may be several discount options available to you to help reduce the cost of your insurance, such as the following:
- Insuring multiple ATVs together
- Bundling your ATV insurance with other policies (e.g., home, auto)
- Taking an ATV safety course
- Installing an anti-theft device on your ATV
- Avoiding accidents and claims
Contact Us Today
We’re here to help you understand your coverage needs. Contact KSA Insurance Agency for an ATV insurance quote and to learn more about your coverage options.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.