ATV Insurance in Chicago IL & Oak Park IL
ATV Insurance Information
A collision or accident on your ATV could cause a financial burden, especially if you don’t have the right insurance. Contact KSA Insurance Agency in Chicago, Illinois, to learn more about your ATV insurance options and get appropriate coverage.
What Is ATV or Off-road Vehicle Insurance?
ATV, or off-road vehicle, insurance provides coverage for vehicles designed for off-road use, such as four-wheelers, dirt bikes, and other similar vehicles. This type of insurance may help cover damages and liability while driving on designated off-road trails and private property.
What Does ATV Insurance Cover?
The type of ATV you own and how it’s used will determine your insurance needs. For instance, ATVs used for agricultural purposes may require different coverage than those used for leisure purposes. It’s crucial to assess your individual needs and consult with your insurance provider to ensure you have the proper coverage.
The following are common ATV insurance coverages:
- Liability coverage may help pay for third-party accident-related bodily injuries or property damage if you are deemed responsible.
- Collision coverage may help cover damage to your ATV if you’re in an accident with another ATV.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for damages to your ATV not caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay) can help cover medical bills for you or your passengers who are injured while riding your ATV.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover medical expenses or property damage if you’re in an accident with a driver without enough coverage.
Additional coverages may be available to help pay for damage to upgraded aspects of your ATV and lost or damaged personal property you carry on your ATV.
Is ATV Insurance Required By Law?
It’s important to check with your local laws to determine whether ATV insurance is required and where ATVs may be legally operated.
While some states may require ATV insurance, others may not. In Illinois, ATV insurance is generally not required. However, depending on an ATV’s use, requirements may exist, and securing coverage is strongly recommended even when there is no legal requirement as it can protect you financially in the event of an accident, vandalism, theft or other damages. Consult with your agent for more information.
Contact KSA Insurance Agency today to get a personalized quote for ATV insurance.